MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Best features in MySQL tools?
Posted by: Christoffer Lernö
Date: October 24, 2022 07:59AM

I'm curious what features in tools people typically rely on to track down performance issues.

There are plenty of examples of teaching people how to use the slow query log and performance schema to extract information, but that doesn't scale well.

There are a wide range of tools people use (in-house, commercial and open source) with differing feature sets. But at least for me there's a subset of tool features that I rely on which solves 80% of the cases.

Now that I'm working as a developer on an actual db performance tool it's clear that everyone has their own subset in their particular chosen tools.

I'd like to hear from others what tool+features they rely on when tracking down issues. Obviously it's interesting for me to add to the tool I'm working with, but I'm also interested in extending the range of tools I should choose from when doing consultant work for others.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Best features in MySQL tools?
October 24, 2022 07:59AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.