MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: Queries slow down daily, optimizing helps -> why?
Posted by: Kaspar Con
Date: February 20, 2009 08:34AM

OK, I think I understand the problems with QC. I could thest the issue you mentioned and I could verify it.

But it is "only" a difference from 250ms to 28ms for building the whole page. If we face the problem initially described serving the page lasts 6 seconds!

The cache hitrate is 98% but the cache is quite fragmented. I could not provide reliable show status data at the moment, because we just restarted mysqld. I calculated the values 2 days ago.

We have to generally think about QC but perhaps it is not our main problem. I issued it, I know, but thinking of it and considering what you told me I think it is the lesser problem.

I increased key_buffer_size to 3 GB, let's see what this can do. We have only MyIsam tables.

We will update our mysql 5.0.37 to the most recent version next week, perhaps this kills the issue (hopefully!).

Thanks for your help so far, if you have any more ideas, please post them, I really would like to understand what's going on.

Sami

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Queries slow down daily, optimizing helps -> why?
February 20, 2009 08:34AM
March 18, 2009 03:58AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.