MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

MySQL 20x faster on RHEL 4 over Solaris 10?
Posted by: Michael Johnston
Date: April 29, 2009 09:36PM

I'm by no means a MySQL admin and I'm having a problem that I just can't figure out, so I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

I have a 64-bit RHEL 4 server with 2 XEON CPU's and it has 8GB of memory serving as a MySQL server. We decided to upgrade to a newer server that could handle more of a load so we bought was a Sunfire T5140 with 8 sparc quadcore processors and 64 gigs of ram. I've installed the same version level MySQL on the Solaris box but it's literally 20 times slower when extracting data!

I've virtually copied over the /etc/my.cnf file from the RHEL server (only changing lines like threads, database location and pid file location) and it's made no difference. I've even tried increasing all the buffers to no avail. Could anyone point me in the right direction as where else to look? I don't see any problems in the mysql.err file or in the messages file either. Thanks again for the support as always...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL 20x faster on RHEL 4 over Solaris 10?
April 29, 2009 09:36PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.