MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Performance

Re: No caching - or brutal performance - for repeat queries 4.1.8nt
Posted by: Ed Tilley
Date: December 28, 2004 01:58AM

Your question of port 3306 is a good one that I've already checked out.

I am running the query via a php/html script and, in this web-based application's case, the query is run by the web server (the client) - which is also the same server as my MySQL database (the server). From a remote (outside the firewall user), I get access to the data - just poor performance - and opening port 3306 on my firewall doesn't improve anything. Is there a better configuration for these ports with applications running this way?

I suspect that you are right in suspecting the performance problem lies elsewhere - I mentioned that sessions inside the firewall are blazing-fast. Outside, performance sucks - see for yourself at www.heathertilley.com; suggest you try the "search for homes" query to see what I mean - but really, all php requests seem slow. This site screams on the local network.

When remote (outside the firewall users) execute these queries, the CPU hits 100% for 2-5 seconds and php.exe is the process that's consuming the processor's time.

Thanks again for help !

Ed

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: No caching - or brutal performance - for repeat queries 4.1.8nt
December 28, 2004 01:58AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.