MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

mysql 5.0 and efficient clustering
Posted by: Murtaza Hussain
Date: June 16, 2005 07:11AM

This is an issue we really need help on and our entire team would be very grateful if you could take a few moments out and help us.

We're looking to scale our database to take 50 million hits a day. We've looked into several options (like Oracle, MS Sql etc) but my sql 5.0 has really caught our attention. The issue with mysql v 4 with respect to clusters was that writing is very inefficient (since one machine has to write to all) but with v 5, I believe this problem has been solved where by reading as well as writing can be done by multiple machines.

We're really looking to implement a mysql cluster as soon as v5 comes out. Thus any advice, feedback, opinions you could give would be really helpful. Some questions we have are:
1. Is v5 really efficient as they make it seem with regard to clustering (i.e. the writing part)?

2. Any things/issues we should be aware of while setting up such a cluster.

3. What is the breaking limit of such a cluster? (i.e. in number of machines)

Best,
Murtaza
p.s: we're also looking to hire a DBA. So if you're interested do let us know.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql 5.0 and efficient clustering
June 16, 2005 07:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.