MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

MySQL Cluster configuration.
Posted by: Chris Sarginson
Date: January 24, 2005 11:42AM

Hello, I have a few questions about MySQL clustering, so I hope you guys may be able to shed some light on this for me.

I have 2 servers (Linux), which i wish to set up clustering on. I know this isn't really ideal, as the management node should be seperate, but we can always add a 3rd server later on, depending on traffic etc..

Server 1 would run the management node, 1(of two) NDB nodes, and an API node, Server 2 would run the second NDB and API nodes. If the first server went down, am I correct in presuming that the second server would continue running on its own until Server 1 came back up? Once server 1 comes back up, would it detect the already running NDB+API nodes, and just pick them up under the management daemon or would it require a restart of the NDB and API nodes?

Queries on the database (this is the bit that I'm not really sure about at all, so please bear with me), do you need to specify some kind of connection string on each server when MySQL is started to allow queries on the clustered DB? If the first server is down, the 2nd server will have an existing copy of this database running, correct? So the only real change that would be noticed is extra load on the server while we bring the first one back up?

If the first server goes down, when it comes back up, would it pick up changes that were made on the second server even though the management node was down?

Thanks for any help

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Cluster configuration.
January 24, 2005 11:42AM
January 24, 2005 09:49PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.