MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Newbie/Basic Stuff
Posted by: Gordon Leonard
Date: January 03, 2007 03:17PM

Apologies before I start as my questions have probably been addressed before, but I have yet to find a basic answer to them and am still trying to get my head around the real workings of clusters (I use MySQL and it works!! simple as that!!).

What happens when a machine, acting as a node, with data in memory crashes? If NoOfReplicas is 2, then we have a back up of the data as we already replicate it? I am currently watching the Google MySQL cluster video and feel the topic of node failure could be rather complex?!?!

What about backups? If we have a cluster that has been running for a week say, where an amount of data is being added regularly, should a backup of the data be taken from memory every so often (is there a ball park figure people suggest)?

Just one more.....
In 5.1, does data that can be stored on disk, automatically do so (this is coming in the video right now)?

Thanks for your time,

Gordon

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Newbie/Basic Stuff
January 03, 2007 03:17PM
January 03, 2007 09:24PM
January 04, 2007 02:50AM
January 04, 2007 04:14PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.