MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

MySQL Cluster on Docker Swarm -- issues
Posted by: Sean McDowell
Date: June 29, 2017 12:37PM

I've taken the new mysql/mysql-cluster image and tried to get it running on Docker Swarm. I supply .cnf files through Docker Secrets and pin services to specific swarm nodes using placement prefs so they can store their local data.

However, I cannot get data nodes to connect to the manager. I believe problem is the use of Virtual IPs in Docker Swarm.

My service is called 'mysql_data2' and if you lookup the address for this hostname you get the virtual IP 10.0.1.4. However, the single container for this service has the actual IP 10.0.1.5. The hostname 'mysql_data2' is registered with the cluster management node in its config.ini file. I see this error in the data node:

Failed to allocate nodeid, error: 'Error: Could not alloc node id at mysql_mgmt port 1186: Connection done from wrong host ip 10.0.1.5.

Is there any way to bootstrap the system? Does MySQL Cluster rely on registering by IP address/hostname alone or is there some other way to do it that can handle changing IPs, NAT, ...

Generally there is no way to know the IP of the container or its hostname ahead of time (and it might change).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Cluster on Docker Swarm -- issues
June 29, 2017 12:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.