MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: 3 different architectures - best perfromance and redudancy?
Posted by: Michael Douglass
Date: April 21, 2005 12:01AM

After listening to all the MySQL guys here at the convention talk about the cluster, it sounds like your first setup is really the best. My thoughts are that you should keep your ndbd nodes purely ndbd nodes and not run a bunch of other items on it. However, if I found that I had a ton of available CPU and RAM available, I might be convinced to run some of my web apps on that box as well in a weighted down mode.

The reasoning I have behind saying "option 1" is that you have your ndbd on your slower box (well 2.8GHz but only one processor). Your mysql and webapp are on the faster 2x1.6Ghz, which from what I've heard you want more power behind your MySQL processes than your ndbd processes (though you're talking 2.8Ghz vs. 2x1.6Ghz so it could possibly be a tossup really).

Further from what I've heard your management node is overkill. I would probably utilize it as an extra mysql/webapp node with SLB weighting, possibly.

In all honesty, these are just my ramblings and my thoughts from information I've heard and looking at what you laid out before me. It really will come down to you trying a scenario out and seeing how it works for you. And if ther eare resources available, or bottlenecks found; pull back and reorganize. I can't imagine it being too difficult to relocate an ndbd node (that said, I've not done it -- I *just* followed the quick getting started and got a cluster running on my single linux box at home.) :)

Cheers,
MikeDoug

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: 3 different architectures - best perfromance and redudancy?
April 21, 2005 12:01AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.