MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

newbie on cluster
Posted by: goutam.baul
Date: April 26, 2005 03:25AM

Hello,
I am planning to deploy a mission critical application in LAMP environment and the OS is RHEL 4.0. The database size will be around 500MB. I want that the database be available always (almost!) and there is also a remote site back-up data available for DR. All the locations are connected on fiber optic and thus bandwidth is available. I am planning to have two database server boxes in the primary location and a third one in a remote location. My questions

1) If I deploy MySQL cluster on the two boxes located in the primary location, do I ensure that the data is highly available and a load balancing will also happen between the two boxes?
2) Can I use MySQL replication of this cluster with the 3rd box that is located in a different place so that I get almost all the data in case of a disaster in at the primary location?
3) I am planning for the cluster because, as per my understanding, if I replicate the databases between the boxes in the primary location, there might be some time lag between the two boxes being synchronised and hence in case of a failure of one of the boxes, the other one might be slightly out of sync. Am I correct?
4) Is MySQL cluster is a proven one in production environment as well? If I get a few references, then it will be easier for me to push the proposal through(!). Any help please?

With regards,

Goutam

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
newbie on cluster
April 26, 2005 03:25AM
April 26, 2005 11:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.