MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

sql node and storage node concept, state of cluster.
Posted by: Qiang Li
Date: May 09, 2005 09:19AM

hello,

i am reading the 16.3.5. Loading Sample Data and Performing Queries, for the part of migrating the non-cluster mysq db to mysql cluster. I have couple questions.

First,

it was talking about loading the db.sql into sql nodes. my question is that, what will happen once the loading finished? everything i load to the sql node will store in storage node automatically?

Second:

the doc said "This means that, once the world database and its tables have been created on one storage node, you will need to issue the command CREATE DATABASE world; followed by FLUSH TABLES on each storage node in the cluster."

" It is important to note that NDB Cluster in MySQL 4.1 and MySQL 5.0 does not support autodiscovery of databases. once the world database and tables created on one storage node" when and how is this world database created ? don't you have to run create database on storage node manually ?

assuming i need to load the db into a new database world, i need to create the world database in sql node, then do the loading. what should i do after this ? go after EVERY storage node and create the new database world ?

Third question:

what is the state of MySQL cluster? is it readly for production ? should i wait till the MySQL 5.1 ? is it stable now ? How much more advantage does it have comparing with replication with InnoDB engine?

thanks for you help,

Qiang

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.