MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

MySQL ndbcluster - Man, why is it so slow!
Posted by: Robert Dye
Date: April 09, 2009 09:06PM

Hello,

I am evaluating the possible use of NDB in a very write intensive environment. I need to sustain 4,000 writes per second, and be able to handle peaks of 20,000. In testing a multi-threaded Perl application, I noticed a really slow response time for every test I did! In comparison, MyISAM was more than twice as fast with the same amount of simple insert queries. Let me describe my test environment:

-Ubuntu LTS 8.04 64bit
-sysctl Optimized for Network Throughput
-my.cnf Optimized for High Connection count

config.ini - Not sure what to put in here except basic datamemory options. . .
----------------------
test1.domain (1-Quad Core - 4G RAM - 72 Raid(1))
- /mysql/bin/mysqld_safe
- /mysql/bin/ndb_mgmd

test2.domain (1-Quad Core - 4G RAM - 72 Raid(1))
- /mysql/bin/ndbd

test3.domain (1-Quad Core - 4G RAM - 72 Raid(1))
- /mysql/bin/ndbd

create table testTable(uid BIGINT primary key, data BLOB(8192)) engine=ndbcluster;

Test Query:

insert into testTable(uid, data) VALUES(?,?)

The test query will run in parallel with approximately 8 total threads, hammering the single MySQLd node with multiple insert queries. The end result: Approx 1,500 writes per second. . . MyISAM I was able to acheive 3,500+

So! The question - I hear of people getting 20,000 writes per second, but from my testing that sounds near impossible. Any ideas/suggestions/config.ini options....anything to speed this thing up? I need to handle as many writes per second as possible.

P.S: I need this to work with 8K blob columns, and handle as many as 30million total records in one table.....It's part of the design requirement on my end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2009 09:11PM by Robert Dye.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL ndbcluster - Man, why is it so slow!
April 09, 2009 09:06PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.