MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Cluster appropriate for in-memory database?
Posted by: Nick Loman
Date: May 12, 2005 09:07AM

Hello

I have a database which has a high transaction throughput, with a relatively high writer:reader ratio, lets say 1 write to 20 reads. ACID-style reliability is not important for this database in the event of power loss.

As the database is quite small I would like to try an "in memory" configuration to see if performance can be helped.

As I understand it, a database run with MySQL Cluster will be "in memory", however I am unclear whether that means performance will be improved generally due to the other overheads that are imposed.

The MySQL "MEMORY" engine is probably not suitable as I do require recovery from persistent store in the event of a reboot.

Would MySQL Cluster be the appropriate solution for this problem, or are there other MySQL configuration modes that might acheive what I want with less overhead? E.g. could I tune my.cnf to keep a set of tables in memory at all times?

Many thanks

Nick.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Cluster appropriate for in-memory database?
May 12, 2005 09:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.