MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

MySQL cluster MGMD
Posted by: Rytis Sileika
Date: October 05, 2004 06:27AM

Hi,

Has anybody ever got MySQL cluster running?

Now let me tell you my story.

step 1

Downloaded and built (nothing special, just configured with --with-ndbcluster option) MySQL 4.1.6. Compilation passed without any errors. MySQL itself runs smooth, no probs at all.

Fun began when I tried to start ndb_mgmd. I had to create Ndb.cfg file with the following info in it: nodeid=1;host=localhost:2200
All it did is just crashed without any warning (sytem prompted: Aborted, strace showed the same thing: +++ Killed by SIGABRT +++)

step 2

Downloaded and built (again, nothing special, same configure line as above) MySQL 5.0.2. Everything is fine as above, MySQL runs smoothly no probs.

Now, ndb_mgmd complained about 'no configuration file specified'.
Fair enough, I created config.ini (as show in MySQL doc example):
---
[NDBD DEFAULT]
NoOfReplicas: 1

[MYSQLD DEFAULT]

[NDB_MGMD DEFAULT]

[TCP DEFAULT]

[NDB_MGMD]
HostName = localhost

[NDBD]
HostName = localhost
DataDir: /mc-data

[MYSQLD]
[MYSQLD]
[MYSQLD]
---
What I get now is this:
"""
Illegal call to ConfigInfo::getInfo() - NDBD
Aborted
"""
After some try-and-error steps, I figured out that it does not like the ' DEFAULT' bit in the conf file. Good, here's my next attempt:
---
[NDBD]
NoOfReplicas: 1

[MYSQLD]

[NDB_MGMD]

[TCP]

[NDB_MGMD]
HostName = localhost

[NDBD]
HostName = localhost
DataDir: /mc-data

[MYSQLD]
[MYSQLD]
[MYSQLD]
---
Now I get:
"""
Error line 4: Parameter "ExecuteOnComputer" missing from DB section [DB] starting at line: 1
Error line 4: Could not store previous section of configuration file.
"""
Why??? Why would I need DB section on my mgmt node? Anyway, adding lines
[DB]
ExecuteOnComputer: 1
did give me exaclty the same result... Strange, ain't it? (Adding [COMPUTER] section did not help)

Right. Let's then start from the very beginning. And that would be a config file:
---
[NDB_MGMD]
HostName = localhost
---
This gave an immediate: 'Aborted'. No additional comments at all.

Could anyone give me an example of how to configure this thing properly? It all seems that failures are due to some buggy code. Or am I configuring and building this thing somehow improperly?
BTW, exactly the same behavior I observe on SuSE 8 (2.4.19 kernel) and Mandrake 10 (whatever kernel it's got)

All I want to do is to get two servers running MySQL in a cluter, with mgmd on one of them.

Regards,
Rytis Sileika

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL cluster MGMD
October 05, 2004 06:27AM
October 05, 2004 02:12PM
October 11, 2004 03:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.