MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

An idea to embedd MGM for 2 computer cluster
Posted by: Huseyin Varol
Date: August 24, 2005 08:49AM

Hi guys,

I wanted to run MGM on the same computers I run NDBD and API, and I only found a way to do it for 2 computers. Now I am asking for your feedback on its correctness.

The problem I was dealing is that after connection recovery the first MGM machine starts running among itself thus making a new cluster and killing synchronization.

My solution is to kill MGM process after connection failure, and restart it after connection recovery with a few seconds(say 10) delay by a script in order to make the NDBD and API nodes connect to the already running MGM. In case the second computer has gone off too, the processes will connect to first computer after a few seconds delay (10 in my case).

I used StopOnError=0 for NDBD sections in my config.ini in order to avoid NDBDs stop running after a connection failure. But I suspect there is some side effect of this, since I found its not being 'false' by default strange for the sake of High Availability.

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Thanks for any replies

PS: I'm not even sure that StopOnError=0 works fully as intended because nobody answered my question about it I asked a few threads ago.

Huseyin

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
An idea to embedd MGM for 2 computer cluster
August 24, 2005 08:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.