MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Suggested MySQL architecture for scaling out
Posted by: Abhi Sharma
Date: September 21, 2015 03:42AM

Hi,

Firstly, apologies if my question is in the wrong forum. I just had a suspicion that this might be a good place to start.Also, I am not an expert so kindly bear with me if the question lacks some trivial knowledge.

I have a web application which is using MySQL 5.5 Server as the database.As if now I am using a single database instance, and as expected, I now feel the pressing need to scale out my database. Basically my web app consists of multiple web services which are satisfied by a Tomcat/Apache application layer. This works fine for 5-10K users. I need to understand what MySQL capabilities I can leverage to horizontally scale the system (maybe for 500000 users). I read the concept of clustering based on a write specific master and multiple read only slaves. My trouble is that each of my web service does both read and write MySQL cycles. For instnace a web service (lets call WS1), does some mysql select/join queries and also carries out updation of certain fields in a few tables.

Another option I thought might help would be to have multiple Master-Master cluster. Lets say 10 masters (all in sync with each other). For some reason I do not find much interest in this architecture over the net. Are there some serious drawbacks of this logic?

What other approaches can I take?

Thank You.

Regards,
Abhi

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Suggested MySQL architecture for scaling out
September 21, 2015 03:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.