MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Use ordinary replication on innodb alongside NDB clustering?
Posted by: R.A. ARTS
Date: September 12, 2016 07:40AM

Hi,

Relative newbie here. I am a bit confused about the maximum table size that can be supported by MySQL Cluster. On the one hand everything says it is RAM-constrained, where each table needs to fit into RAM (and then some), on the other hand newer docs claim that disk-based tables are supported as long as the largest index fits into RAM. Also I read posts in this forum about supporting TB's of data (where I can't imagine the index fitting in RAM).

Suppose I use table sizes which cannot be supported by NDB (for whatever reason), would it be possible to make those table innodb and implement regular master->slave->slave synch, using the methods well-known from standard MySQL while accepting the lack of write-availability for these tables? My use case could use this for write-only logging, where the writer process would just store records locally as long as the master was not available.

Thanks,
Ron Arts

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Use ordinary replication on innodb alongside NDB clustering?
September 12, 2016 07:40AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.