MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: ndb_setup.py failure
Posted by: Mark Kirk
Date: August 01, 2017 08:55AM

Thanks for the replies. I already tried removing the mcc.pid file and it didn't make a difference. In the meantime I was finally able to get the installer to work. Here is what it appears to have required.

I suspected there was a problem with mysql so I uninstalled it (this is for a POC of mysql cluster) and reinstalled it:
yum install MySQL

I then tried running as a regular os user and got the mcc.pid error. Then I tried it as root and I no longer got the problem. Is running as root really a no-no?

I hit further issues with "OSRNG" while running the installer and I suspected the problem was with python. I've run into this before. I ran the following:
pip uninstall pycrypto paramiko (clean up)
pip install cryptography
pip install paramiko
pip install pycrypto

Then I tried setup.py test. It gave errors. I was able to get it to work via...
#Ref: https://github.com/dlitz/pycrypto/issues/125
yum install yasm
yum install gmp-devel
wget http://mpir.org/mpir-3.0.0.tar.bz2
tar -xvf mpir-3.0.0.tar.bz2 mpir-3.0.0/
cd mpir-3.0.0/
./configure --enable-gmpcompat
make
make check
make install
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
and then rebuilding and install pycrypto

python setup.py build
python setup.py install
python setup.py test

I was running the installer as a normal user. I also made sure passwordless SSH was properly setup between all the hosts.

/usr/bin/ndb_setup.py -N {primary hostname}

Does anyone have a definitive list that confirms what modules (and all supporting modules) are needed for python for the installer to run? I've never worked with python before so this was an unexpected hurdle. I wonder if I installed more than necessary.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2017 09:27AM by Mark Kirk.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
July 28, 2017 04:44PM
August 01, 2017 04:05AM
August 01, 2017 04:21AM
Re: ndb_setup.py failure
August 01, 2017 08:55AM
August 04, 2017 04:46AM
August 04, 2017 05:08AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.