MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: ndb_setup.py failure
Posted by: Tonci Grgin
Date: August 04, 2017 05:08AM

Hi Mark and thanks for your interest in MCC.

Since Mikael covered for permissions issues I will focus on remaining of your questions. Let me first say we are aware of problems and working hard on new version of MCC. Some of the changes are already available in MySQL NDB Cluster 7.6.

So to the questions.
o "Does anyone have a definitive list that confirms what modules (and all supporting modules) are needed for python for the installer to run? I've never worked with python before so this was an unexpected hurdle."

For your version of MCC, please refer to https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/mysql-cluster-install-auto-requirements.html.

o "I wonder if I installed more than necessary."
For your version of MCC, Cryptography is unnecessary since it duplicates PyCrypto functionality. Next version will work with Cryptography alone.

What I would do is install Python 2.7.latest, pip and then just pip install Cryptography and pip install Paramiko.

Regarding running MySQL with different credentials, please refer to https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/changing-mysql-user.html.

As per MCC, the tool is starting and stopping processes on remote hosts meaning your SSH user should have enough privileges to do so. On Windows, for example, this requires Administrator privileges since everything is started as a service.

Lot of it to digest I know but that's the nature of Cluster deployment.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
July 28, 2017 04:44PM
August 01, 2017 04:05AM
August 01, 2017 04:21AM
August 01, 2017 08:55AM
August 04, 2017 04:46AM
Re: ndb_setup.py failure
August 04, 2017 05:08AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.