MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: no-install release - where to find?
Posted by: Shaun van Wyngaard
Date: November 19, 2017 11:56PM

So it appears that the "no-install" version is actually the zipped file that you download. Unfortunately the manual mentions that this file will have "no-install" in its filename, but this isn't so. Hopefully this clears up some confusion for other people.

Further. following the steps as outlined in the manual for the no-install version for Windows, you get an error when trying to start up the mngt node if you just use ndb_mgmd (again as per the instructions. It says it is required, but doesn't actually use it in the command...?). You need to specify the config file, as well as the configdir option. The full command I used was

C:\mysql\bin>ndb_mgmd -f config.ini --configdir=c:/mysql/bin/mysql-cluster –initial

I'm not 100% sure if this is correct, but it allowed me to start up my mngt node without errors.

I haven't got further than starting both my data nodes, as I am using the 64bit version, and the one data node is 32bit OS unfortunately.

Perhaps someone can tell me why I need to specify the -f config.ini on the command line if it is already specified in the my.ini file?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: no-install release - where to find?
November 19, 2017 11:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.