MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

MySQL Cluster Monitoring - Cluster name and some other basic things
Posted by: Pete Ditmars
Date: February 02, 2018 12:47PM

In this part of the MEM documentation: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-monitor/4.0/en/mem-install-prereqs-mysql-ndb-cluster-requirements-ref.html

it says this:

" Edit your cluster configuration file to include the cluster name. MySQL Enterprise Monitor Agent reads this value and uses it to uniquely identify your cluster. "

I've pored through the MySQL Cluster documentation and can't find any mention of how to specify the cluster name. I'm sure it's a simple thing... does anyone know how to do this? Right now my MEM has a name for the cluster of "MC_20180131123627".

I am running the latest version of MEM and agent (4.0.3.5192).

I think probably something is amiss in the way my very simple cluster is configured/operating vs. the way the MEM agent is expecting to extract cluster information and/or the way I've installed or configured MEM. MEM sees it as a cluster (1 sql, 1 data, 1 mgm node - I said it was simple :-), and can analyze queries (which is hugely useful), but other chunks of MEM's cluster-aware features doesn't seem to be working for me yet.

When I select the "MC_20180131123627" cluster in the top-left drop-down (instead of Global Summaries) my "Metrics" menu changes as documented to show "NDB Cluster Memory". But when I click on "NDB Cluster Menu", the Table View display spins for a long time then displays an error "Unable to generate NDB Cluster Memory report for selected NDB Cluster. (U0426)".

Similarly when the "MC_20180131123627" cluster is selected in the top-left drop-down and I select the "Timeseries Graphs" menu option it briefly flashes many graphs then settles down to only display "NDB Data Nodes". If I change the top-left drop-down to "Global Summaries" I see many graphs, and if I select the "MySQL Instances" sub-item for the host my cluster is running on I see data there, but if I select the "MC_20180131123627" sub-item under any of the "NDB Clusters", "NDB API Nodes", "NDB Data Nodes" or "NDB Management Nodes" drop-down items I see nothing (just a brief flash).

Can you share any tips on what might need to be tweaked in either the way I'm starting my NDB processes or the config files or how to trouble-shoot what's not quite right yet?

Thanks,

Pete

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL Cluster Monitoring - Cluster name and some other basic things
February 02, 2018 12:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.