MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  NDB clusters

Re: Connecting (again)
Posted by: Mark Sutton
Date: January 01, 2005 04:46PM

Hi,

This is my first post to the forums - I was browsing through doing some reading up on MySQL clustering and came across this thread...

<DISCLAIMER>I have not yet actually set up an NDB Cluster so forgive any glaring errors :-)</DISCLAIMER>

Anyway, a piece of software called SQL Relay sprang to mind as a possible generic solution to this issue: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with using SQL Relay for load balancing/connection pooling with NDB clusters?

I hope to do some testing with it in January; the plan is to run SQL Relay alongside an Apache/PHP4 app (on the same physical server), and relay multiple connections to the clustered MySQL servers. I am particularly interested to see how gracefully it will handle nodes leaving the cluster or becoming disconnected somehow.

Anyway, will let you know how I get on - if anyone has done this before then I would be very interested to hear how they got on...

Happy New Year!

-Mark-

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
December 23, 2004 03:28PM
December 28, 2004 06:05AM
Re: Connecting (again)
January 01, 2005 04:46PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.