MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: automating backup in a replicate envrionment
Posted by: Chris McClenaghan
Date: January 11, 2005 11:19PM

I may not have been clear about my objective. The problem I have is determining the current role for the server as either a slave or a master. If a server is dynamically changed from a slave to the master, rather than backing it up as a slave, I'd like to back it up as a master. There doesn't seem to be a away to ask the server's current role once it has played both roles without an intervening shutdown. Even the SHOW STATUS LIKE "Slave_running" only tells you the thread status, not the role. I was hoping for a more deterministic fashion for determing role.

Further, other activities must be pursued beyond use of STOP SLAVE and RESET MASTER. If the various config files (my.cnf) and the master.info and the relay*.info files are not dealt with in some fashion, when the server does restart, it will come back up as slave.

Is there any documentation on best practice for managing servers in a replicated environment for how to manage the servers with respect to changing master/slave roles and the files that control the server's role - my.conf, master.info, relay*.info?

Thanks,

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: automating backup in a replicate envrionment
January 11, 2005 11:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.