MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Slave IO Thread
Posted by: Aaron Eden
Date: December 07, 2004 09:03AM

I am trying to setup replication between two mysql databases. Nothing fancy, one master, one slave.

So i've got the master logging correctly, created a replication user, gave it the appropriate permissions. Locked the tables, made a dump of the database.

Loaded the tables in on the new database. Set the proper server IDs, issued the CHANGE MASTER TO statement to connect the slave to the master at the proper log position.

I see one thread on the slave that shows a state of "Has read all relay log; waiting for slave I/O thread to update it"

If I issue a SHOW SLAVE STATUS command on the slave everything looks correct except the slave IO is not running. I try to START SLAVE IO_THREAD but it doesn't change anything, I've tried stopping/starting mysql, reinstalling mysql and repeating this process and I still can't get replication to go.

Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Aaron Eden

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Slave IO Thread
December 07, 2004 09:03AM
December 07, 2004 09:38AM
December 08, 2004 08:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.