MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Multi-Master Replication with RW-Splitting using mysql-proxy
Posted by: alex gonikman
Date: August 13, 2009 01:07PM

Hi All,

I am currently working on setting up a more robust system using mysql 5.1 and the proxy. Basically we are trying to have the following scenario:

Master Site 1 -> Slave Site 1
|
|
Master Site 2 -> Slave Site 2

So the masters are replicating between themselves and each master has a slave. I then use the mysql-proxy to allow my application the ability to connect to one MySQL port but allow the mysql-proxy to be able to figure what master is available for writing and what slave is available for reading. I was able to get the writing portion working fine, assuming 1 master is down the application keeps running fine since there are 2 masters. But the issue is that if I enable the RW-splitting.lua and try to access the application it works if both masters are always up. If I shutdown Master Site 1 the connection dies, even though the second master is still running.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Multi-Master Replication with RW-Splitting using mysql-proxy
August 13, 2009 01:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.