MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

MySQL daisy chain replication with multiple databases
Posted by: Mark Young
Date: September 20, 2012 07:49AM

I have several servers in the following setup: Server1 hosts DB1 Server2 replicates DB1 from Server1 Server3 replicates DB1 from Server2, but Server3 also hosts DB2, DB3 and DB4

I then want Server4 to replicate all the DBs from Server3 but I am having difficulty. I have checked and each server-id in the MySQL config is different and I have log-slave-updates=true enabled on Server2 and Server3. I have also restarted the MySQL service on Server3 and Server4 to ensure the config changes have been applied properly and still the same thing.

binlog_do_db=db1 is enabled on Server1 and Server2 whereas binlog_do_db=db1,db2,db3,db4 is enabled on Server3.

Nothing is replicating from Server3 to Server4. I have made sure the slave has started on Server4 but still nothing. The master position on Server3 is not changing so I think there could be a problem with the Server3 configuration. Can anyone help?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
MySQL daisy chain replication with multiple databases
September 20, 2012 07:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.