MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Can mysql replication slower down Master Server performance?
Posted by: Mannoj Kumar
Date: February 04, 2013 03:13AM

I have generated a dump from Master and I have to construct slave and give privileges and binary log position and file name of master for it to obsorb from master. Master is a high transaction OLTP application having TPS of 74.21 inserts/s, 113.17 updates/s, 0.00 deletes/s, 77468.29 reads/s. Now when DML operations are about to operate on SLAVE via binlogs would there be any impact on Master's performance. Say for example Load Avg or IO operations on Master that might get affected. As it allows slave to read the binlog info .

Note: Master and Slave have same server configuration.

Mysql Version : 5.0.77

Mem: 16GB RAM (80% allocated to INNODB_BUFFER_POOL_SIZE)

Database Size: 380 GB

This question strikes me when I wanted to scp some of the files to Slave. Whereas it has just 34MBPS avg speed within the network and it took reads IO operations a lot and Load Avg was hitting more than 6, 7 , 11 etc .. Ofcourse its not going to use SSH as it uses mysql socket to connect. Just a measurement to have slave in place by not hindering master's perf.

My questions are:

Could there be any load spiking in cpu processors or IO, that which can slow down Master Perf?

If any medium that I can trfr data that uses less cpu/IO utilization ?

Regards,

Mannoj Kumar

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Can mysql replication slower down Master Server performance?
February 04, 2013 03:13AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.