MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Users don't seem to replicate... Am I crazy or doing it wrong?
Posted by: Glenn Schworak
Date: January 26, 2019 06:20PM

I am running 2 MySQL servers and they are both masters and both slaves to each other. So if one goes down, the other takes over and my user's keep getting their data in both update and select modes.

Today, I had to shut down the main database I use as the real master and all of a sudden, one of my databases couldn't be accessed because the user I had created didn't exist on the second server.

I created the database, tables and user on server 1 and all of the tables exist on server 1 and server 2. But when I tried to access the tables on server 2 using the same user as I did when accessing them on server 1, I got an error.

I created the user manually on server 2 and everything started working (after applying grants of course)

So, is this normal? This is the first new user I have created since starting replication. Previously I created them all on server 1 but then copied the entire database to server 2 before starting replication. So did I create the user wrong? Is there a special setting to cause user/grants to replicate? Or was this just a fluke?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Users don't seem to replicate... Am I crazy or doing it wrong?
January 26, 2019 06:20PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.