MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

"log sequence number is in the future!" on the slave?
Posted by: Jan Andersen
Date: July 02, 2021 03:53AM

I have a set up (Percona) MySQL 5.6 on two VMs in Nutanix, one as master, one as slave. The master seems to run well, without errors in the error log, replication is happening and seems OK, but, the error log on the slave is full of messages saying "log sequence number 62967812974 is in the future!".

I have of course searched extensively, and it appears that when people see this message, it is normally on a stand-alone MySQL instance, so I think my case is different: I would have expected to see the error on the master.

I have tried recreating the slave several times from a backup, using https://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/2.1/howtos/setting_up_replication.html - this doesn't change anything.

Can anybody offer any insight into what may be going on here and what I can do to troubleshoot or fix this issue?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
"log sequence number is in the future!" on the slave?
July 02, 2021 03:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.