MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

sending empty heartbeat
Posted by: Nobuaki Ito
Date: July 06, 2021 11:47PM

I currently administrate a mysql ETL pipeline in which mysql master database is replicated to a cloud based infrastructure.

Most databases that I mange have periodical update so that the monitoring replication is simple : MASTER_HEARTBEAT_PERIOD is set in such a way that the integrity (completeness) of updates can be monitored by the number of heartbeat sent by the master VS the updates performed on the cloud infrastructure.

However, there exist one database that has sparse updates, which causes unnecessary alerts on our monitoring system. I am receiving false alerts because the monitoring system misunderstands the lack of heartbeat as some data pipeline failure.

Is there any way to enforce the master to send out heartbeat, ideally empty heartbeat to let know that the master is functional? This would also help me to monitor the health of the ETL pipeline as well.

Thanks,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
sending empty heartbeat
July 06, 2021 11:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.