MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Master Slave Synchronisation
Posted by: Patrick McCarthy
Date: September 08, 2021 08:47AM

Hi all,

Quick question. I have been a Galera Cluster user for a while with a 3 server master-master configuration. However, the performance is really slow, so I decided to move to a Mysql Master Slave and the performance has been great.

The master server has a lot of databases, about 250, all churning data and changes. However, during setup I have had to, say, reboot the master Mysql or reboot the slave Mysql. This stops the synchronisation.

I have been looking around (a lot) and it looks like to me the only way to get the sync back is by locking the master, dumping all the DBs, copying to the slave and doing a restoring and then restarting the both servers?

While I would almost never need to restart the servers once we move to the new master slave, but as we all know - sh*t happens and server might need to be rebooted, etc. Does this mean I will have no choice but to go through this process every single time. Some of the DBs are large and the whole process could take 40 minutes.

Any suggestions/tools or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Master Slave Synchronisation
September 08, 2021 08:47AM
September 08, 2021 12:45PM
September 08, 2021 01:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.