MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

replication and binlog pointer position saving
Posted by: Eugene Zheganin
Date: March 11, 2022 09:52AM

Hello,

I'm using Mysql replication sets for I don't really remember how long (more than 10 years for now), and one thing really bothers me: it seems like something has changed between 5.7 and 8.0 in the binlog position syncing. I'll explain on examples: imagine the replica crashses due to the power outage or server reset/OS crash. Or you're taking the zfs snapshot without stopping the server and then cloning it/rolling back. In the 5.7 releases this was safe: after restart the replica was continuing from the plase where it was shut down. In 8.0 releases this is 99% chance of getting huge amount of duplicates on primary keys or rows that cannot be found for updates: and this basically tells me that the master_exec_pos was not saved, and it actually points back, to the place that was already processed.

So, is there something I've missed, may be I should take some measures bu setting some of the replication variables so the binlog position for a slave thread will be more of forcefully synchronized ?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
replication and binlog pointer position saving
March 11, 2022 09:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.