MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

master-slave replication good solution?
Posted by: Kon Krutoi
Date: July 23, 2008 02:08PM

Hi folks,

I'm not too experienced with this, so I'm hoping someone more enlightened here can help or shed some light on this.

Scenario:
I'm trying to build a social network site. I'm using a LAMP environment. I want to have 1 mysql master (deals with writes) and 2 mysql slaves (deals with reads). Two web servers will read from the 2 mysql slaves and write to the one mysql master. I've been reading that replication is the answer to this problem, but I have some concerns...

Questions:
My concern is this: when a user posts a comment (or uploads a photo) via the webserver, the comment (or photo location) is written to the mysql master. I would like for him/her to see the comment (or photo) he posted right away so they don't think something failed or went wrong. I'm afraid that replication to the mysql slaves will take some time to sync all of the mysql databases together. How can I work around this? Or am I mistaken and this doesn't actually happen?

How fast is replication? How can I mitigate this delay in replication to show the user instant results of their submission.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Kon

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
master-slave replication good solution?
July 23, 2008 02:08PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.