MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

question on master / master setup
Posted by: Qiang Li
Date: April 25, 2005 12:27PM

hello,

currently i have a master and slave, changing the role manually is rather painful when the master is down.

I am wondering if it's doable that i setup both machines repl from each other but only one machine gets writes/reads at one time. that way, i can just point to one of the alive machine anytime, without doing 'change master to' 'reset master' etc.

i tried it and it's working fine for now however the testing is rather light. the main concern i am having is that if the repl may screw up somehow since it repl from each other all time?

also, in the replication doc, it mentioned the way changing slave to master is to 'stop slave' 'reset master'. however, if i have this slave restarted and it will start repl again, since i didn't do 'reset slave' and master.info etc are still around. so now i have the similar situation i addressed above, both repl from each other. should it be suggested to do 'reset slave' too during this slave->master procedure?

i hope that wasn't too wordy :)

Thanks

Qiang.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
question on master / master setup
April 25, 2005 12:27PM
April 26, 2005 06:55AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.