MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Master->Slave/Master->Slave, something not considered in replication design
Posted by: Tony Ford
Date: May 18, 2005 10:25AM

Say I have 3 mysql servers, mysql-1, mysql-2, and mysql-3 (All running 4.0.23).

mysql-1 is a master, and mysql-2 is it's slave.

mysql-2 is a master, and mysql-3 is it's slave.

Seems by design if a write occurs on mysql-1 it is replicated to mysql-2, but, that query is not replicated to mysql-3.

I'm guessing that replication queries performed on a slave are not written to that slaves binary log, and therefore will not be written to a slave underneath that. I don't see any reason why these queries shouldn't be written to the binary log?

This is useful to me because I have 2 applications, mysql-1 and mysql-2. The two apps share some data, so I replicate certain tables between the two. Thing is, the app running off of mysql-2 is large, so I replicate to 2 more slaves under that, to distribute reads across more machines. So, if an update occurs on mysql-1 I need it to also execute on mysql-2 AND mysql-3.

Be great to hear something from the replication team at mysql ab. Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Master->Slave/Master->Slave, something not considered in replication design
May 18, 2005 10:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.