MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

failover and failback
Posted by: Qifei Zhu
Date: June 24, 2005 01:06AM

Hi all,

I'm runing two mysql servers (4.0.24-max-log) on two different machines, one is master and the other is slave, replicating the master.

As normal, in the master's processlist, there is such process:

| 36 | replicate | 192.168.0.238:38210 | NULL | Binlog Dump | 584 | Has sent all binlog to slave; waiting for binlog to be updated | NULL |

while in the slave, there are 2 processes:
| 33 | system user | | NULL | Connect | 651 | Waiting for master to send event | NULL |
| 34 | system user | | NULL | Connect | 650 | Has read all relay log; waiting for the I/O slave thread to update it | NULL |

After i did a failover, which means make the master become the slave and the slave become the master. The expected should be, the new master has only one process, "Binlog Dump", and the new slave has two processes, "connect" and "connect". However, the new slave still got the original "Binlog Dump" process running.

So my question is how to have the correct way to failover the mysql with the new slave's "Binlog Dump" process disappeared? Thanks.

Regards
Qifei

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
failover and failback
June 24, 2005 01:06AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.