MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Multi Master and Slave MySQL servers
Posted by: Matt Walther
Date: March 15, 2010 10:06PM

Hello all,

I've put together two servers that have been configured for a master and slave relationship. My reason for doing so was to have a redundancy if part of the network went down, then not all would be lost and traffic could easily be redirected and stay functional.

However, I know that the slave only reads the binary log at her own pace, and I assume the master doesn't get updated if her slave is changed.

So would it be kosher to configure the master as a slave to the slave, and the slave as the master to the master, or would this cause an infinite redundancy?

One last thought: Since the master running now has been running for a while and has established a large number of databases, will the slave update all the databases on it's own, or only changes? And if that's so, do I just dump the databases to a file and upload them to the slave so that it's all there?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Multi Master and Slave MySQL servers
March 15, 2010 10:06PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.