MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Forwarding writes to master
Posted by: Toby Miller
Date: July 14, 2011 08:11AM

Hi,

I've been looking through the documentation and forums and can't find anything on this - apologies if I am being stupid and missing something obvious.

I'd like to set up a master-slave replication system so that some bespoke web software I am writing can be accessed very quickly from within a LAN (with a pretty slow internet connection), but also accessed easily over the internet. So master MySQL server (with web server) on dedicated server, and slave MySQL server with web server inside the LAN.

Fine so far. The problem is that I've already written most of the software, and don't really want to have to go through sorting the whole thing out to send read queries to one server and write queries to another. Is there some way of making the slave MySQL server forward any write requests it receives to the master? Or if not perhaps there is some software which mimics a MySQL server but sends read queries to one server and write queries to another?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Toby

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Forwarding writes to master
July 14, 2011 08:11AM
July 15, 2011 09:56PM
July 17, 2011 05:30AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.