MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Replication the solution?
Posted by: Ray Ward
Date: October 10, 2005 09:28PM

Hi all,

I've been having some problems producing a good solution to his problem:

We are a computer store than runs a mysql db at the physical store with .net application front end. This handles all our products, orders, invoicing etc.

We want our store to be available online, however the website is located on a different server hosted by an ISP.

This is where it gets complicated. The boss decided that he wants to use osCommerce ( http://www.oscommerce.com/ ) which imo, is fairly horrible code and design, but that's what I'm stuck with. So in summary, I need to maintain updates of two different database designs on two seperate servers...heh :/

Being an ecommerce site it receives new orders placed online so these need to be transferred to our local DB. Updates of orders on either the website or local db's need to be synchronized with each other, as well as deleting/replacing of products, categories on the website.

I've looked into replication but since updates need to happen both ways I'm not sure if this is what I need.

I'm thinking binary logging on both servers will be needed just to keep track of deletes, insert, updates, then I could perform comparisons on each DB and the log to check if updates need to be performed. How would I actually transfer the logs to each server?

Can the log also be cleared so I only have the queries logged of one day?

Any other tips or input would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2005 09:29PM by Ray Ward.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Replication the solution?
October 10, 2005 09:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.