MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: Two master databases for two seperate apps
Posted by: Irfan Ali
Date: December 10, 2011 02:37PM

Hello Rick,

NDB Cluster might not suite for us because of database queries will not work well on NDB cluster. Our database tables are MyISAM bound.

As i described earlier, we have two websites hosted in asia and eurose DC and both sites are in sync with each other.

Currently we have only one master database in Europe DC which is synchronizing underlying slaves on Asia and Europe DC. Asia DC and Europe DC connects to slaves for read only queries locally.

To eliminate WAN link from asia DC to Europe DC master database for write purposes and to eliminate replication delays on Asia site, we decided to both site will write data locally and will synchronize each other via bidirectional replication. I foresee this will improve asia site performance as well.

We will resolve conflicting issues on app level to prevent replication break between both master databases. Our database tables are MyISAM bound. And because of that i foresee queries get block because of single threaded replication as both masters are slaves at same time so might be we will not achieve desire results and this might produce replication delays on both DC on masters and underlying slaves
But still i have only this solution in mind to speedup asia site performance. Can you please provide some feedback on multiple write masters. Also is there any automated tools available to resolve conflicting issues.

Overall please comment on this architecture and advise.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
December 05, 2011 02:36PM
Re: Two master databases for two seperate apps
December 10, 2011 02:37PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.