MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

OPTIMIZE TABLE and Replication
Posted by: Mark Arnold
Date: November 01, 2005 06:02PM

Hi,

does optimize table, repair table, etc influence the replication - meaning is it possible that it irrepairably throws the slave out of sync with the master?
I had executed "repair table" on the master but killed it while it was still waiting to get a lock on the table. Due the cancellation of the query on the master, the slave aborted synchronization and complained about a possible synchronization failure.

It also suggested setting the replication-skip variable to 1 and calling "start slave", which I did.

Do repair table or optimize table statements disrupt the replication synchonization when they get executed on the master and not the slave, or the other way around?

Also, if the master table needs to be repaired due to some problem, does the slave usually have the same problem? I would assume not, but that's just a guess...

Thanks,

MARK

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
OPTIMIZE TABLE and Replication
November 01, 2005 06:02PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.