MySQL Forums :: Replication :: How server id is communicated?

Advanced Search

How server id is communicated?
Posted by: Michael Moon ()
Date: April 05, 2012 12:34PM

Anyone know how replication server id is communicated between nodes? Is it a broadcast?

We have clients with multiple sites and our standard two node cluster deployed to each site has server-id 1 and server-id 2.

The replication connection is private IP VLAN for eth1 for each cluster. The client didn't follow our recommendation and has the replication network going through switches, so occasionally we lose the replication network.

I am trying to determine if I will run into a problem with duplicate server-id's if I create a script to change replication to temporarily go over the production interface (eth0) when we lose the replication connection (eth1) The production interfaces for the various sites can see each other.

At one point a few months ago the replication network for two sister sites was mis-configured and MySQL was throwing errors due to duplicate server id's on the replication network. I am wondering if that was because the server-id is broadcast of if maybe slave 1 (server-id 2) saw slave 2 (server-id 2) due to the misconfiguration.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
How server id is communicated? 1648 Michael Moon 04/05/2012 12:34PM
Re: How server id is communicated? 1060 Rick James 04/06/2012 08:01PM
Re: How server id is communicated? 694 dileep ch 04/10/2012 06:34AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.