MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Solving problems with mysql replica
Posted by: Antonio Manuel Fernández Pérez
Date: April 26, 2012 06:32AM

HI everybody,

I have had some problems with MySQL's replica. I have two servers in master-master architecture, so, I have configured a master and a slave in both. When I have problems in the replica , in some cases, I have to do a lock of tables in master A, make a backup, take note about mysql-bin and position and then I have to restore backup on my master B. Last step is unlock tables.

I think that this is the normal way to restore replication when an error occurs, but if in both masters there are read/write operations, I have got a problem!

Are there any way to restore replication between masters but without stopping or blocking write operations? I know 'SET GLOBAL sql_slave_skip_counter=1' restarting slave, but I think that this is not good.

Any ideas about how can I solve problems in MySQL's replica? I need a good protocol to solve it.

Maybe, if both masters there are active and receive read/write operations, shoud I to configure another architecture? Obviously different, like as cluster or whatever.

I hope your advices.

Best regards,

Toni.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.