MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

mysql and mysqldump creates new table..
Posted by: denpsia
Date: November 03, 2005 10:29PM

Hi Everybody,

I am having problem transfering data from server to local mySQL database. When the batch file is executed. A new table was created at server and records inserted in this new table. What is required is that records should be inserted into the existing table. The "table1.sql" is created locally.

Example:
Existing Table at server: MyTable
Created New Table with records: mytable

Inside Sync.bat file:

mysqldump --host=localhost --compatible=mysql323 --user=guest --password=guest testdb MyTable > table1.sql

mysql --host=192.168.50.200 --user=test --password=test testdb < table1.sql

So, the batch file created and inserted records to a new table name with letters of name of table all in small caps which is not the case of the exsisting table in server. How can I fixed this without cahnging my codes or changing existing tables in server?
From another topic in this forum, suggested about lower_case_table_names system variable. This is changing table, right? Thanks.

How exactly to use mysqld to change the system varibale lower_case_table_names?

I used "mysqld --lower_case_table_names==2 " it is not working at local database. How could I change this setting on server from local computer?

denpsia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2005 11:01PM by denpsia.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
mysql and mysqldump creates new table..
November 03, 2005 10:29PM
November 06, 2005 07:45PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.