MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Two-way replication with MySQL
Posted by: npentchev
Date: November 06, 2005 09:37AM

Hello,

I am quite new with MySQL and I just need some advice.

I would like to develop an application that will run in a store and it will add/delete/update records from a MySQL database. There will also be on online database that will have similar DB to the one in the store and another application will add/delete/update records from it.

I am required to synchronize the two databases every 10 minutes and reflect the changes in both. There isn't a master-slave scenario here hence I believe a two-way replica should be implemented.

Example: Somebody might have been added in the store's DB. The changes are propagated in the online one. After 30 minutes he might change his/her details on the online DB and these changes must be reflected in the store's DB.

Does MySQL have an "engine that could do this type of job? If not, could you direct me to some knowledge base I could use to achieve this?

Thanks in advance

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Two-way replication with MySQL
November 06, 2005 09:37AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.