MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Replication issue with Heap tables.
Posted by: Hank Hill
Date: November 15, 2005 01:43PM

I posted a version of this in the newbie forum a week ago - please forgive the duplicate post, but I'm still looking for answers.

I'm working on optimizing some sql queries in an established application. I noticed some temporary tables were being written to a specific database AND also declared as 'TYPE = HEAP'. For example "CREATE TABLE temp.lookuptable TYPE=HEAP AS SELECT.....). This obviously need to be changed. No sense in specifying a database if you want the table to exist in memory, correct?

The table physically shows up in the 'temp' database, so I'm assuming that specifying a particular database and table name will overwrite the Type=Heap command.

It appears that this is causing my slave to fail. In response to this CREATE TABLE command, I get the error on the slave that the table "already exists". I'm assuming it has to do with the incorrect syntax of declaring type=heap.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Replication issue with Heap tables.
November 15, 2005 01:43PM
November 15, 2005 06:56PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.