MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Cross Platform Replication (Windows / Linux) ???
Posted by: Ski Eagle
Date: November 21, 2005 07:09PM

Hello,

First off I am new this the environment that I am currently working in. I started less then a month ago. This site is an all windows environment. They brought me in to convert their web & database stuff over to Linux... and what ever else I can move off of M$.

Here is the current SQL situation:

Server 1) Windows 2003 / MySQL 4.1 (1,000,000 queries a day)
Server 2) Linux MySQL 4.1 (new replication/multimaster of server 1)

Problem 1:
+++++++
The Sql server keeps crashing with many (100+) lines similar to what is listed below :

~~snip~~
| 155141 | sqluser | 10.10.10.10:3252 | database | Query | 92 | Opening tables
~~~~~~

Lots of "Opening tables" calls. It seems that the sql server just hangs and it is not any one particular script. I can even have it happen doing a mysqldump of a database that is on the server. (Any suggestions) Solving this could help stabilize the server... I am thinking mostly it is a windows limitation of some sort.

Problem 2:
+++++++

This is where and how i wanted to do the migration to the Linux backend. I wanted to setup the two SQL servers in a Multi-Master(One Windows MySQL & One Linux MySQL) Situation so that I could migrate all the various web site links from one server to the other without much outage.

I setup multimaster with the two servers and they seem to be working... but NOT!!!

They seem to be reading each others log-bin files but not updating any info to each other tables. I have tried to rebuild the linux/mysql server again and I am at the same place. Have you heard of anybody running multi-master or replication between the two platforms. I would think it would be possible since we are dealing with the same database and same version. Any Ideas…. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Cross Platform Replication (Windows / Linux) ???
November 21, 2005 07:09PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.