MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

is/will multi source, selective table replication possible?
Posted by: Andrew Poodle
Date: December 06, 2005 09:16AM

This is a feature I'd like to use, but whether it can be done or is already roadmapped i'm not sure.

I have multiple databases, for multiple different applications scattered across networks, and indeed geographically disparate too.

I'm looking for a solution to take specific tables from each application's database, and replicate that table to a single slave, where it can be used for data warehousing.

This isn't multi-master, and there's no conflict resolutions, as each master would be replicating to it's own "slave table" if you will. There's no commonality between the table structures in each app.

how could this be done now?

at present I'm in the middle of a transition period, with a complex mess of SQL Server and DTS jobs pulling data out using ODBC, batched daily; and starting to use federated tables to view the remote data, and then copying it with a frequent batch job on the "slave" box that way.

has anyone any suggestions for a "replication" solution that would tidy up this mess?

Thanks

Andrew

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
is/will multi source, selective table replication possible?
December 06, 2005 09:16AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.