MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

replication appears to be trying to replicate databases with similar names
Posted by: scott fagg
Date: December 13, 2005 07:14PM

I have to db servers, both version 5.0.15. I want to replicate a single database form server A to server B. I created a user on A that has access to the database i want to replicate. This appears to work. Changes made on A trickle across to B. Problem is i'm seeing errors like this :

Slave: Error 'Table 'office_res_cns.bookings' doesn't exist' on query. Default database: 'office_res_cns'. Query: 'insert into bookings <snip>', Error_code: 1146
(i removed the content of the query).

The slave is logging into the master as a user called 'rep' that only has rights to the 'office_res' database.

The weird thing is that i'm not trying to replicate the office_res_cns database! I'm only trying to replicate the office_res database. It is as if the replication process, after learning that it can only gain access to the 'office_res' database is looking for matches of 'office_res*' in the logs .. and processing those queries.

Is this expected behaviour ? A bug ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2005 07:14PM by scott fagg.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
replication appears to be trying to replicate databases with similar names
December 13, 2005 07:14PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.