MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Replication

Re: Replication Innodb Cannot Find Tables?
Posted by: Robert Cluett
Date: January 17, 2006 01:28PM

I solved my own problem. Although I do not know the reasoning I now know what works and what does not. taring the database, moving it to the slave and then untaring was the issue. By performing a mysql dump on of the master then an import on the slave everything worked perfectly.

I performed failover testing immediatly following (every possible scenario) and it worked perfectly. Would resynch each time.

I used one-way replication and use the slave in a a read-only manner if the master is down. I wrote a test script prior to actually connecting to the database to see if the DB is up and active. When the master is doen this gives the users access to the slave database but does not allow them to update the data on the slave. If I was to allow that the master and slave would get out of synch.

Bottom line here is I would suggest that anyone set up a cluster if they can afford it. It takes a good amount of RAM and three servers. The above is the way to go if you want to make use of only two servers and still have replicaton. I hope to never have to make my slave a master but I can if I something fails.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Replication Innodb Cannot Find Tables?
January 17, 2006 01:28PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.